The importance of People Centric
The importance of People Centric
One way to understand work and learning differently is through gamification as it makes work more enjoyable and less stressful for employees. It builds employee enthusiasm to do more by incorporating instant rewards and recognition, frequent surveys and timely gratification.
It is not about turning work into a game, but about mixing game mechanics with work to make it more interesting and employees more productive. It has a very positive influence, making them strive for the greater good through employee engagement.
At Qaleon we know the importance of putting people at the centre, that's why in our SmartDigital section we want to help companies by implementing gamification to:
- Add gamified contexts with meaningful rewards to everyday activities to help make tasks seem more lucrative. This also helps to engage employees and encourages them to do their best.
- Use gamification in learning by helping employees quickly and easily. This is very useful when we want to foster a sense of belonging when new recruits arrive so they can learn about the company's values, its culture and their roles in the organisation.
- A large proportion of companies are made up of millennials. And one thing that sets them apart is that they require instant recognition for their work. Incorporating gamification into the tools we have helps increase the level of engagement and productivity of younger employees at work.
- Helping employers to bring about a healthy transformation in their companies as it gives a meaning to the tasks performed in different teams and departments.
Some benefits of Gamification
Some of the benefits of gamification in the workplace are:
1. Increases engagement
There is no doubt that gamification plays an important role in increasing employee engagement at work. Tasks presented in a gamified way engage employees with challenges. By achieving these challenges, employees feel rewarded and motivated. And all this is very important to help employees bring out their true potential and be as productive as possible.
2. Improve the working environment
The working environment is crucial in ensuring the well-being of employees so that they can deliver the best results. However, there are certain things that detract from a healthy working environment, for example, favouritism.
When the same employees keep getting thanked every time because they have good relations with their superiors, this de-motivates other employees. Moreover, it is not a healthy and ethical practice. The application of gamification eradicates these problems by giving all employees an equal opportunity to prove their worth.
3. Helps to reinforce brand image
Social media is a very powerful tool to boost your organisation's image. Gamification again plays an important role here. Most employees who feel motivated after being recognised tend to share their experience on social media. They become the voice of your organisation and earn your goodwill.
4. Improve teamwork
Teamwork is another important factor that positively influences the working culture of an organisation. When like-minded people come together to achieve a common goal, nothing is impossible. Again, a gamified approach to work makes this possible by making people share the same level of enthusiasm and productivity at work.
This ensures a healthy work culture that benefits the growth of the organisation and the people who work in it.
Defining gamification is not thateasy , nor is implementing it in the workplace. Companies wishing to incorporate gamification must be very careful about the objectives they want to achieve. If a gamification approach is to be implemented in the workplace to increase productivity, programmes also have to be designed in the same way. Gamification is not only about involving employees, but it can also involve users or customers.