The importance of People Centric
The importance of People Centric and gamification
The way of working is constantly evolving.
In 2019 the University of Oxford carried out a research in which it related happiness to the productivity of its workers. Productivity increased by 13% the weeks that workers indicated they were happier. Companies have put a much more humanized focus on how the business system used to be viewed. It is the time of people centric, a way of seeing and understanding the activity of a company with people as protagonists and at this point, employees are especially important. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
One way to understand work and learning differently is through gamification as it makes work more enjoyable and less stressful for employees. It builds employee enthusiasm to do more by incorporating instant rewards and recognition, frequent surveys and timely gratification.
It is not about turning work into a game, but about mixing game mechanics with work to make it more interesting and employees more productive. It has a very positive influence, making them strive for the greater good through employee engagement.
- Add gamified contexts with meaningful rewards to everyday activities to help make tasks seem more lucrative. This also helps to engage employees and encourages them to do their best.
- Use gamification in learning by helping employees quickly and easily. This is very useful when we want to foster a sense of belonging when new recruits arrive so they can learn about the company's values, its culture and their roles in the organisation.
- A large proportion of companies are made up of millennials. And one thing that sets them apart is that they require instant recognition for their work. Incorporating gamification into the tools we have helps increase the level of engagement and productivity of younger employees at work.
- Helping employers to bring about a healthy transformation in their companies as it gives a meaning to the tasks performed in different teams and departments.
Benefits of gamification in the workplace are:
1. Increases engagement
There is no doubt that gamification plays an important role in increasing employee engagement at work. Tasks presented in a gamified way engage employees with challenges. By achieving these challenges, employees feel rewarded and motivated. And all this is very important to help employees bring out their true potential and be as productive as possible.
2. Improve the working environment
The working environment is crucial in ensuring the well-being of employees so that they can deliver the best results. However, there are certain things that detract from a healthy working environment, for example, favouritism.
When the same employees keep getting thanked every time because they have good relations with their superiors, this de-motivates other employees. Moreover, it is not a healthy and ethical practice. The application of gamification eradicates these problems by giving all employees an equal opportunity to prove their worth.
3. Helps to reinforce brand image
Social media is a very powerful tool to boost your organisation's image. Gamification again plays an important role here. Most employees who feel motivated after being recognised tend to share their experience on social media. They become the voice of your organisation and earn your goodwill.
4. Improve teamwork
Teamwork is another important factor that positively influences the working culture of an organisation. When like-minded people come together to achieve a common goal, nothing is impossible. Again, a gamified approach to work makes this possible by making people share the same level of enthusiasm and productivity at work.
This ensures a healthy work culture that benefits the growth of the organization and the people who work in it, thus promoting people centricity.
Defining gamification is not that easy, nor is implementing it in the workplace. Companies that want to incorporate gamification must be very careful about the objectives they want to achieve. If a gamification approach is to be implemented in the workplace to increase productivity, the programs also need to be designed in the same way. Gamification is not only about involving employees, but it can also involve users or customers.
At Qaleon we know the importance of putting people at the center or people centric, that's why in our section SmartDigital queremos ayudar a las empresas implementando gamificación.