The importance of a good diagnosis of the equality plan
The importance of a good diagnosis of the equality plan
Already, companies with more than 50 employees are obliged to have an Eqality Plan. Since 7 March 2022, they need to collect all measures, procedures and policies on equal opportunities in the workplace. If you want to know the keys, it helps you to clarify some concepts:
What is an equality plan?
Let's start at the beginning, what is an Equality Plan. The official definition according to the Ministry of Equality is as follows:
«The company equality plans are an ordered set of measures, adopted after a diagnosis of the situation, aimed at achieving equal treatment and opportunities between women and men in the company and eliminating discrimination on grounds of sex. The equality plans will establish the specific equality objectives to be achieved, the strategies and practices to be adopted for their attainment, as well as the establishment of effective systems for monitoring and evaluating the objectives set".
Equality plans, whether mandatory or voluntary, are an ordered set of measures adopted after a diagnosis of the situation. In addition, with the objective of achieving equal treatment and opportunities between women and men in the company and to eliminate discrimination based on sex (arts. 85 ET; 45-49 LOI and 9 Royal Decree 901/2020, October 13).
Above all, by drawing up a plan, companies reinforce their commitment to eliminating discrimination between women and men. They promote equality, in compliance with the constitutional principle of equal opportunities between men and women.
Which companies should make and implement these plans?
A distinction must be made between three scenarios:
- Companies with a minimum number of employees, in accordance with the following phased implementation deadlines:
- Since March 7, 2020, companies with between 151 and 250 employees must have approved equality plans.
- As of March 7, 2021, companies with between 101 and 150 employees must have approved equality plans. (See section on deadlines for entry into force of Royal Decree 901/2020. Transitional rule).
- As of March 7, 2022, companies with between 50 and 100 employees must have approved equality plans.
- When such obligation is established by the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- When the labor authority had agreed in a sanctioning procedure the substitution of the accessory sanctions for the elaboration and implementation of such plan.
This is included in the legal framework of these plans according to the Ministry of Equality.
But... What are the benefits of having an equality plan in the company?
The benefits after establishing a level of equality between men and women in the companies are multiple, although its elaboration and applicability requires time, having an equality plan is a declaration of intentions that will allow the following advantages:
- Improvement of the image of the company or corporation, by projecting a more current image, committed to equality.
- Improving the work environment, through the promulgation of non-discrimination messages, implementation of measures for work-life balance.
- Elimination of costs generated by gender discrimination in the event of possible lawsuits from workers.
- Increased opportunities to select and retain talented people.
- Use of the training provided to workers as part of a policy of non-discrimination in this area.
- Prevent situations of sexual or gender-based harassment.
- Create a code of conduct aimed at protecting the company and its employees.
- Talent attraction
Los puntos clave del plan de igualdad y la importancia del diagnóstico:
The Equality Plan should include the following points:
- EQUALITY DIAGNOSIS
- OBJECTIVES OF THE PLAN
- STRATEGIES AND PRACTICES: ACTIONS.
* Actions implemented
* Actions to be implemented
* Areas of action and actions
* Detailed description of each action
- SISTEMA DE EVALUACIÓN
* Outcome Evaluation. Indicators.
* Process evaluation.
* Impact evaluation.
- PARTICIPATION OF THE WORKERS' LEGAL REPRESENTATION
- COMPOSITION OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE ON EQUALITY
- ASSIGNMENT OF A PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLAN
With this, aware of the importance of making a good diagnosis in terms of equality, QALEON has created iQAL, an essential tool to implement the Equality Plan. Its design allows to perform the diagnosis in Wage Gap, Job Evaluation, Wage Register and Remuneration Audit.
Download the following document to learn more about how to do it.
5 points for the implementation of the Equality Plan
The phases included for the realization of an Equality Plan are:
1. Valuation: Gender-sensitive job evaluation (VPT): Gender-sensitive job evaluation (VPT).
2. Training: education on Equality for the members of the Negotiating Committee.
3. Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the Equality Plan includes the following points: * Elaboration and negotiation of the Diagnosis of the situation (adapted to the new RD 901/2020 of November 14). * Remuneration Audit. * Protocol for the prevention of sexual and gender-based harassment (adapted to RD 901/2020 of October 14).
These steps are essential to be able to diagnose the situation in the company in terms of equality, therefore, the starting point that will allow us together with the negotiating committee (usually RLT of the company), to plan with iQAL, the various goals to be achieved over time to comply with the legal requirement.
4. Elaboration: Negotiation and elaboration of the Equality Plan.
5. Follow-up: Follow-up of the actions agreed in the Equality Plan.
iQAL, the solution you are looking for:
The Equality Plan includes a series of key points that must be addressed from the diagnosis because it is necessary to collect numerous data that for most companies are difficult to collect, order and present. iQAL helps you to comply in an easy and simple way with the provisions of Royal Decrees 901/2020 and 902/2020, in terms of equal pay between men and women.
The purpose of iQAL is to provide an analysis and gender equality diagnosis in your company. This data can be analysed in such a way that it can help in the implementation of gender equality plans.
In addition, it has other benefits which are:
- Obtain accurate and up-to-date results in accordance with regulations, through comparative graphs with the possibility of generating customized reports in a simple and intuitive way.
- It links directly to any human resources and labor management program or tool in the company.
- Allows importing data.
- Helps you in job evaluation.
- Allows you to draw up the Compensation Register.
- You will be able to count on a detailed remuneration audit.
- It saves time in the analysis and study of the regulations.
- Allows an annual evaluation or for customized periods.
What regulations govern equality plans?
Ley Orgánica 3/2007 of March 22, for the effective equality of women and men.
Real Decreto Legislativo 2/2015 The Company's by-laws are as follows: "Ley del Estatuto de los Trabajadores" (Workers' Statute Law), of October 23, which approves the revised text of the Workers' Statute Law.
Real Decreto-ley 6/2019, de 1 de marzo The Act on urgent measures to guarantee equal treatment and opportunities for women and men in employment and occupation.
Real Decreto 901/2020, de 13 de octubre regulating equality plans, their registration and amending Royal Decree 713/2010, of May 28, 2010, on the registration and deposit of collective bargaining agreements and collective bargaining agreements.
Real Decreto 902/2020, de 13 de octubre of equal pay for men and women.
Real Decreto 713/2010, de 28 de mayo on the registration and deposit of collective bargaining agreements, collective bargaining agreements and equality plans.